Contact Person: Susan Burkat, Executive Recruiter
Assist in executing day-to-day internal and external communications strategies for the US region. The position reports to the Senior PR Manager, US, as well as the US Director of Communications and interacts directly with the Firm’s partners and practice groups. The role also collaborates closely with the Firm’s Marketing and Business Development teams.
• Draft, edit, issue and pitch news stories on lateral hires, deals, case wins and Firm events.
• Manage media attendance and coverage of Firm events, panel discussions and seminars as needed.
• Serve as a key point of contact for industry media inquiries and actively assist lawyers and practices with the placement of articles and expert commentary in a broad range of media outlets.
• Coordinate interviews and distribute information to the media.
• As part of a regional and global communications team, coordinate with colleagues to populate the Firm’s intranet, and external website with fresh, relevant content.
• Work with Firm’s Awards and Rankings Strategist to provide messaging and media-related content to enhance the Firm’s submissions to industry directories and regional, industry-specific or national awards.
• Quickly and professionally usher draft PR materials through the internal review process. Ensure timely, accurate and engaging storytelling, consistent with the Firm’s brand guidelines.
• Oversee the daily media monitoring and archiving of the Firm’s news coverage, assembling and drafting internal reports and emails as necessary.
• Respond to media requests for information, photos, biographies and logos.
• Conduct research on individual reporters and develop and maintain media lists.
• Proactively identify media opportunities for attorneys to be featured as thought leaders, commentators and by-lined authors.
• Develop and monitor editorial calendars.
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelors Degree required.
• Minimum of 2 – 4 years experience in public relations and external communications.
• Prior work with law or professional services firms highly desirable.
• Ability to identify and monitor news and industry trends and translate them into public relations opportunities.
• Superior writing skills, and experience editing press releases, announcements and similar materials.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of the media landscape.
• Solid business judgment, and professional demeanor.
• Strong attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Experience and/or interest in working as part of a team across multiple time zones and in multiple offices.